Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bar time in Delhi

I am in India currently. More specifically in Delhi. It's the only place on earth (Ahmen) where the men still start lecherously at women -- even if the woman is 100 yrs old, as long as she has a ample bosom! Well, guess what happens to moi then!

I am staying at this beautiful boutique hotel at Friends Colony (highly recommended) www.thedelhimanor.com.

I have had a big day yesterday. Techerous traffic, hot day, lecherous men (did I say that already!) and so noisy that the ears ring much after you have left that place. But I love it all!!!

Last night, I decide to go to the bar attached to the restaurant. Just because...

They were playing my fav Dido, but there was a western man sitting at the bar so I decided to sit outside in the courtyard. Beautiful night and all! Two other guys joined in the courtyard shortly. Loud Canadians!

First of all, the waiter came in with the menu. Remember we are at a bar, I can see the guys have just ordered for beers, and the other guy sitting inside is also having a beer. But I get the menu for 'lassi, orange juice and water'...haha! I say to the waiter "can you pls give me the drinks menu". He says with a sincere look on his face "madam this is the drinks menu"...!! I say 'Alcoholic drinks" . He almost faints!!!! I swear. I can see the sweat forming. He brings the menu and then he says 'wine is not good for woman'...lol..I say 'no problem.I am not having wine anyway. Get me a vodka'......!!! he nearly dies.

Makes me smile each time this happens! Makes me want to do it more often. Why, don't know!

Next time, I may order a glass or maybe a bottle of wine, just to see the look on his face!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

made me smile too...but a real woman should drink Bombay Sapphire Gin in India...really what were you thinking drinking Vodka!!!
GLK

Global Village Unlimited Times.... said...

Ha, thanks GLK. Who says I drank ONLY Vodka that night. I mean, I had to ensure that I sufficiently scandalised those men out there! So, I asked for a magarita! It was obviously made by the bar man who had never drunk alcohol in his life (which he told me later). It showed. The drink was anything but magarita. I drank with love though! Love for the drink, not for him! :)
Tonight, I shall give them another demonstration. Can't wait!