Sunday, March 10, 2013

2 years in India and no blogging!!!


Funny, I spent two years in India, setting up the India division of Global Village Unlimited, but had no time to blog! Why you would think, considering all the wonderful stories you may have missed out on! Simple! We were slogging! We have now set up a successful operation in india. Our next stop - United Kingdom. We have relocated to London to set up our Europe presence. So, lot's of juicy India stories .... I grew up in India (well I am still growing up), in the city of Mumbai. Much has changed in the time that I have been away. I have lived overseas most of my adult life now. The biggest change I see is in the materialism. More people have disposable income compared to when I was growing up. The middle class, which is about 40 percent of India's population has excess of income that most had not heard of. Even the younger generation have better access to opportunities through BPO set ups, for instance. This has given rise to glossy shopping malls (you could be in any part of the world once you enter these malls), global brands, global cuisines, multiplexes, cars, luxury items...international schooling, etc. all, creating a new India. An idea that is not going to look back. No wonder on a flight from anywhere in the world into india, makes one wonder if one has boarded the wrong flight. International companies are all making their way to a india. fTA with India is the next big mantra. Prime Ministers with their entourage with senior delegation of the largest corporate companies are all making a diplomatic visit to India. But, do they really understand the real India? Do they really want to understand India? I have the pleasure of being on both sides if the table. I have seen the Indian companies getting all excited about "imported" opportunities. I have also heard the same biggies from overseas passing very immature, silly comments about India. Funnily enough, New Zealand still thinks that the biggest USP between india and New Zealand and India is Sir Edmund Hilary, Cricket and English! A what!! Can someone get the government better advisers pls? Oh, yes not to forget one other interest. Bollywood! Seriously, this kind of BS gets me going. There is so much more to India than that....and the slums p,ease, if you would care to "see"!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing such a great blog post. If you want to see real flavour of Indian villages, please visit this blog : http://village-narahan.blogspot.in/

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com